Student Engagement Meeting: Students (Gr. 6 and7) from St. Voldymyr, Fr. Robinson and Mother Teresa will have a chance to be engaged in the decision making for our new school. Meetings have been scheduled at each school and will be held during lunch. We are excited to involve the students in the planning!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQs) – Please refer to our Holy Family website for a recent document including FAQs. The website is www.gscs.sk.ca/our_schools/HolyFamily.
Holy Family Kick Off – As we move closer to opening of our new school, our excitement for this great new facility and community grows. We would like to plan an exciting family event to celebrate! If you would like to help plan for this celebration, please join us on Wednesday, April 2nd 7pm St. Volodymyr library.
Registrations – We are now accepting formal registrations for students from Kindergarten to Grade 8. Registration forms are available on our Holy Family website or at one of our 3 feeder schools (St. Volodymyr, Fr. Robinson and Mother Teresa). They can be returned to those locations or can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note: a copy of a birth certificate or baptismal certificate is required for Kindergarten students. Also if children are non-Catholic, a Student Declaration of Intention form must be completed. These forms can be found on our website.
Preschool The Parent Selection Committee has selected Preston Early Learning for our preschool provider. Please contact Lisa (306-290-9095 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Creative Playground -Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 10th (7pm in St. Volodymyr library). Everyone is welcome! Come join this enthusiastic group to create an awesome playground for our children!
Before and After School Program -A Parent Advisory Group has selected Preston Early Learning for our Before and After School Program. Further information regarding registration will be shared soon.
You can sign up for email or telephone reminders or add the schedule to your personal calendar reminders at www.saskatoonrecycles.ca under “Collection Calendar.”
Preston Early Learning has been chosen to be the preschool provider for Willowgrove and Holy Family School. Please contact Lisa (306-290-9095 or email@example.com)for registration or further information.
Here is an opportunity to give feedback on the City’s leisure facilities – and to voice any opinions for the need for more leisure centers in Northeast Saskatoon.
Come join Ward 10 City Councillor Zach Jeffries for coffee and conversation. This is a great opportunity to share your ideas and concerns about our area face-to-face with your representative at City Hall.
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Saturday, March 22, 2014
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Saturday, May 24, 2014
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Safeway Starbucks (McOrmond Drive) 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (come and go)
Please feel free to stay for as short or as long as you want. Everyone is invited to attend, so pass this invitation along to your neighbours.
(From the Principals & City Traffic Engineer)
- The school zone will include the intersections of Stensrud Rd and Willowgrove Cres, Stensrud Rd to just south of Willowgrove Square Willowgrove Blvd and Maquire Cres.
- There will be bus loading zones along Stensrud Rd in front of the schools.
- There will be no parking signs around all exits and entrances to the school drop off areas and parking lots.
- No stopping signs will be posted around the crosswalk at Stensrud and Willowgrove Blvd.
- There are no plans at this time or in the near future for raised speed bumps on Stensrud or Willowgrove Blvd. These roadways are emergency routes for Fire/Police/Ambulance vehicles and therefore speed bumps are not permitted.
- A pedestrian actuated crossing light will be installed at the intersection of Stensrud and Willowgrove Boulevard.
- 5 min parking signs will be posted along school property on Willowgrove Blvd, the majority of Willowgrove Blvd will be unrestricted parking.
- No parking restrictions are allowed on the East side of Stensrud.
- Changes to signage are possible once schools are operational if needed. All signage will be installed prior to September but after June, so as to be ready for the new school year. Signage will be placed regardless of school opening in September to allow time for drivers to adjust. Principals to contact City Police to arrange for the possibility of a speed trailer after school zone signage has been posted.
Additional signage or crossing lights can be installed at the Willowgrove Boulevard/Maguire intersection. More information is needed to determine which path is the most common route for crossing Willowgrove Boulevard.
Please contact Shane Armstrong (Principal, Willowgrove School), Connie Tenaski (Principal, Holy Family School) or Shirley Ann Matt (Traffic Management Engineer) 975-3145 for clarification or further information.
Willowgrove: K-3 will be at Forest Grove and 4-8 at Egnatoff.
See the following link for more info.
Willowgrove Contingency Plan
Holy family: K-3 St. Volodymyr and 4-8 Father Robinson.
See the following link for more info.
Holy Family Contingency FAQs
If you missed the Feb 10 & 12 Willowgrove School parent meetings, check out the school website for updates and a summary of the meeting topics & feedback.
If you missed our soccer, ball & football registration night last night, no worries! There is another one on Feb 27th @ 7-8:30pm. There are no limits for children registering as long as we have volunteer coaches! Please consider coaching!
We are working with our contractor to get Holy Family School completed as quickly as possible so that students can begin school in September 2014. However, this is a tight timeline.
Because we know that there can be unforeseen events in construction – such as poor weather – it is prudent to develop a contingency plan in case the school is not ready.
We will work with the Holy Family School community to put these plans in place. We will discuss the options with you – with the main focus on doing what is in the best interests of the students, your kids. We believe it will be important to keep the school community together and will explore options that allow us to do that.
It is always exciting to be building a new school and though there may be hurdles to overcome as Holy Family is completed, we are committed to working with you through this process until our wonderful new school is built and ready for students.